Monday 31 March 2014

The Magnificent 7- Disney Princesses

Ugh, I hate the days I have nothing to blog about, it becomes so much effort for me. If I was into beauty and makeup and stuff I would have a lot more content, but I'm not so UGH! But in this post I am going to be quite girly and talk about childhood things in a new Magnificent 7. I'm a big fan of Disney films so I thought I'd do a magnificent 7 of princesses even though there aren't that many I like but hey we'll see how it goes. 

7. The start of this list is pretty much the princesses I don't
completely hate, so seven would have to be Aurora, from Sleeping Beauty. She is probably only number 7 because I dislike those not in the list more. So instead of talking about why I like Aurora I am going to say why she isn't higher in the list. Number 1: she is franchised as wearing a pink dress when she is seen mainly wearing a blue dress throughout the film, Number 2: She does pretty much fuck all in the film apart from singing a song, and falling asleep. And Number 3: there isn't really a three cause the other two things are very frustrating. 

6.  I guess next would be Jasmine from Aladdin. (However I prefer the
Jasmine from Twisted more she is just hilarious). An annoying thing about Jasmine is pretty much the same as most of the princess' and that is that she falls in love too fast. I mean come on you only just met the guy and you go on a magic carpet ride with him? He could be a rapist for all you know. And I feel she only loves him to rebel against Jafar and stuff. But yeah. She's generous by giving starving children apples and things.

5. Would have to be Belle from Beauty and the Beast. She loves books, and that reminds me of my mum, not that I'm calling my dad a beast or anything. She's a good character because she refuses the love of what is supposed to be the perfect guy, because she just isn't interested and instead falls in love with someone who is considered a monster. Which shows that she isn't vain which is an amazing quality for Disney Princess's as most of them fall in love with Prince Charming. 

4. Merida would have to be number four just simply for her hair. I love how she has different strength of curls and some of them are different shades. They made her look adorable when they showed her as a child. Also gotta love the Scottish accent. I also like how she fights for her right and such, but I feel she takes things too far by trying to change her mum, because her mum is just trying to do what she thinks is best. Hence why she is number 4.

3. Getting the bronze would be Rapunzel from Tangled. I love that film, it's amazing. And I like Rapunzel cause she is all kind hearted, by seeing the good in people. She was also pretty funny when she was trying to act all tough. It just bugs me that from one swoop of a shard glass she can have perfect layered hair. 

2. At two is Mulan, even though I don't think she really counts as a princess because technically she isn't royalty. But I guess that's what makes he even better, because she earned her title by saving China. Mulan is a very close second to be honest because she is just brave, and isn't afraid to be who she is. She's also smart and rebellious and such. 

1. My favourite Disney Princess from my favourite Disney film has to be Ariel. I'm not entirely sure why she is my favourite, I mean she is pretty naive and falling in love with a guy she hasn't even spoken to and obsessing over his statue. But she sacrifices a lot for her dream and that takes guts, she is also adventurous which I admire even though I don't really care about having much of an adventure myself. I just like Ariel. She also sings a song that I get stuck in my head on a weekly basis.

So that is the top 7 disney princesses, in my opinion. Sorry for not having anything else to blog about, hopefully tomorrow shall contain some interesting content. Until then, see you in the 'morrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment