Thursday 11 May 2017

Those Happy Times.

Hello. So as I've just celebrated the 3rd birthday in the last month I thought now would be a good time to talk about how I celebrated these happy times.

First we will start with mine and Maddy's as it came first. It's only logical.  We technically had two celebrations. One being a group get together for drinks and a catch up which was nice despite the bailing. But I got an apology for that. The other was a beach trip. Which was great despite the cold weather.
It started by Matt meeting me and giving me my presents then Emma came along and I opened hers and we chatted and drove to get Maddy who was late. As always. And we exchanged gifts which was fun. Then it was the drive there which was mainly chatting. At Hemsby we met with Paige, Lish, Amy, Jordan and Scott. And after saying a quick hello to my Nan who partially lives there, we went off to the arcade. Where I think we annoyed the people working there from constantly asking for them to get our prizes.
After this we had the idea to go mini golf! Which was hilarious because we were all shit at it. Our team had the rule of only 5 shots or you get 10 points. If not we'd have been there for years. Especially since we would hit it off the course and into the river and plants and anything else really. So despite getting a hole in 1 I didn't win, but Maddy got me a medal to make me feel special.
Once that was over we went to the amusements and everyone went on the waltzers. Let's just say some had more fun than others. So we decided to go on the dodgem cars which was crazy. And the main time I decided to take pictures. I really hurt my knee when people crashed into me. Some of us also decided to go into the haunted house and I'm not proud to admit I had a genuine freak out. But it was pitch black and I knew something would scare me. Which scares me more than something scaring me.
Then after all this excitement we went to the beach, and thankfully I had Scott who was crazy enough to join me in the sea. And Amy's boyfriend Jordan briefly joined us for a dip which was awesome. Even though when we finally had to leave the sea I was freezing cold. Getting changed was a nightmare. The gang then ate cake and I opened some more gifts and we just chatted as time flew by. We parted ways in the separate cars, but met back up for a sneaky McDonald's. It was a great birthday.

Like a week later was Siobhan's birthday, and she kept it simple with a meal to Frankie's and Benny's. It was on a weekday so I came straight from a long shift at work. I had fun chatting away, drinking my F Navel. It was much more relaxed but not any less enjoyable. I did feel really bad that I wasn't my best self, because I didn't want to ruin Siobhan's celebration. So once again to Siobhan I am really sorry. I love you.

An apology should also be said for Paige. Because during her birthday celebrations I again wasn't giving it my all because I was so tired from work. But I really did try. I enjoyed the chitchat of predrinks and eating pizza. Then putting make up on Scott and getting the bus. Drinking an entire pitcher of sex on the beach and going dancing. Trying to safely get Paige home and telling her about all the things she did. Perks of staying sober.

Even though I don't really seem up to these things. It doesn't stop me wanting to and trying. Because the way work has been lately and how stressed I feel. I need these moments. No matter how small they are. To try and take my mind off things. So to all my friends I am sorry I seem down or off in the moment, but it doesn't mean I don't want to be there. It just means I'm very stressed out and want to spend time doing things I enjoy but feel I don't actually have time for that. I don't know.

Hang on to those happy times guys. Adulthood is hard. And I'm sorry for a weird post and how I've been, but it's complicated. All I can do is hope. See you when I see you!

1 comment:

  1. No worries Elli, i know how stressful work can be so you are forgiven. Love you too x

    ReplyDelete