Thursday 20 March 2014

The Magnificent 7- Childhood Cartoons

Hi! Today I was all ill and stuff so I don't have anything to blog about in terms of what I did. Unless I try to explain in great detail the fact that I slept pretty much the entire time. Therefore I am left with a dilemma of what to blog about. Hmmm... Well today I was watching a show that I have not seen since I was a kid, so I guess I could bring back the magnificent 7. (If you were smart enough to read the title this is slightly irrelevant). To make it slightly easier I am just going to do animated shows I watched, cause if not I have to chose between so many.

7. At number 7 we have Fairly Odd Parents, which to my surprise is still making new episodes! This show was about a kid called Timmy who had fairy god parents who got him into shenanigans. It was a pretty good show that I watched often but I lost interest after the baby fairy was born, no idea why though.

6. SpongeBob Squarepants, this one is obvious. Pretty much everyone watched SpongeBob at least once as a child, and if you did not, what the fuck were you doing!? If you are an alien and have no idea what I am talking about, SpongeBob was a show about a sponge who lived in a pineapple under the sea. When you are a child you think nothing of it, but now the concept is just weird. Like how he has a pet snail that can meow. To be fair though Gary was my favourite. 

5. This was actually the show I was watching today. Totally Spies is a show about 3 teenagers who are secret spies. I used to watch this with my sister a lot, and we would bond over our hatred of Clover, she was such a bitch! She was extremely annoying. Watching the show after so many years made me kind of sad, cause I don't find it as good as I used to. :( 

4. Next we have Mona The Vampire. I loved this show for the simple fact it was about a girl who believed she was a vampire so much she used the power to fight imaginary crimes. Her friends also believed they were her crime fighting companions which just made it better. It made me feel comfortable being weird as long as I had weird friends.


3. The PowerPuff Girls. Who's shocked this is third? I speak about it so much, should prove how much I love the other two. So the powerpuff girls is about these three girls who are created in a lab and given fun powers by their father. This show produced one of the best villains in history, like Him, as well as Mojo Jojo, those two together are just hilarious. All of the characters are pretty amazing, apart from Blossom, she can die in a hole, she thought it was all about her ugh.

2. Missing out on first place is...As Told By Ginger. This was a show about a girl called Ginger and her general life, the most normal of all of the shows in this. I loved it cause it addressed things that are more realistic like girls being bitches and liking guys and stuff like that. It is also one of the few cartoons that can actually be bothered to change the outfits of the characters. I miss this show so much and can not find it anywhere on the tinterweb!!!! :'( DAMN THIS WORLD!

1. So as a child my all time favourite cartoon/anime was Sailor Moon. This was a confusing show about a princess from the moon who was put on earth to protect her, so she forgot her princessiness and was all normal until one day she met a talking cat and got these powers and fought alien crime, eventually gaining magic friends to help her. My favourite was Sailor Mars. I tried watching the show again on the tinterweb early last year but eventually had no time for it, but once I get time my days shall be filled with the wonderful world of SAILOR MOON!

So that was my favourite cartoons I watched as a kid, hopefully you know what they are if not I shall just die in a whole thinking what happened to humanity. Blogs about my day should return soon, either way...See you in the 'morrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment