Sunday 12 October 2014

Sims 4 First Impressions.

Now, I know the sims 4 has been out for over a month now, but I only got it this week. Besides I need something to talk about in this new gaming section. So I shall mention my first thoughts.

To begin with, I did actually play a bit on the sims the first day of UK release with Maddy, but because there was two of us I didn't really get a feel for the game, but I did rather enjoy it. We made a character called Dylan and dressed her up, built her a cute little house, mainly using styled rooms, and then we pulled her down a friend (Pewdiepie no less) from the Gallery, I like this feature, because now I can become friends with my favourite youtubers. Anywho so we had a look at some of the emotions but I didn't see enough of the game.

And to be honest, I still completely haven't. When I loaded up the game I decided to make another random character, so I could just look at the ins and outs of the game so I knew how things worked for when I played as myself. Her name was Aj, and then after getting bored of playing with just her I decided to get her a boyfriend, so pulled down Pewds again, because who wouldn't want to be in a relationship with Pewds. However they didn't really get along enough to flirt, so I kept them as just friends. But I wish sometimes you can just flirt and nothing bad would happen, because some people are pretty outrageous. Like me!

After this I decided to experience death, but couldn't face killing Aj who I spent half an hour making, or pewds, because he is youtube god. So I pulled down a random character, who then I tried to kill by embarrassing her, but it failed, so I watched her starve to death in an empty room, once she died Aj tried to make friends with the Grim Reaper which I found pretty amusing. 

Then I stopped playing for a day or two (damn school) then I continued with Aj for some more experiments, and this time made her a lover called Shane (after a character from one of my favourite books) and in one day for me, and I think 3 sim days, they got married! It was a pretty quick process, and the slow decrease of needs helped with that, but sometimes to emotions were a little temperamental. It was rather tricky to get them to flirt. 

So overall I am rather enjoying the sims, I like the inclusion of styled rooms to make building easier, and I like the emotions to an extent. And I am happy that ghosts and pools are returning (well ghosts already have). But I would like more of a variety of checked shirts! They are all I wear. Please. And a few more variety of hairstyles, for males, and a couple more females. 

Finally, I assume this is my computers problem, but I find that when I click on a sim to make an action, the options come up a bit slowly, little annoyed about that. Also I am not a big fan of the multiple loading screens in game when traveling places. However I do not miss the tonnes of loading I had to endure for sims 3.

Sims 4 is a great game, and you should all play it. Simply my opinion. Go play it now. 

See you in the 'morrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment