Thursday 9 October 2014

I'm sorry but football is here....

Alright Lads!
Now, To all the non-footballing folk here, the following post will be relatively boring, but I would like to make some comments about the football season! I'm going to cover 5 points:

1. Chelsea : Of course! I had to mention my beloved football team, but before anyone thinks anything, No I don't love them more than Elli, she is the best part of my world, and football is up there too, but Elli is higher.
 I honestly think we have balance this year, we have a good set of forwards, one of if not the best midfields in the league, and of course we're going to be defensively solid, so I have a really positive feeling about us all round. That being said, if we have an injury to Costa or Matic, then we could derail. I know Matic seems like an odd pick given Fabregas' impact, but the reality is he brings solidity to our side which we had lacked. He reminds me of a Slavic Makelele, he's very strong defensively but does have a bigger build, so he's far from the same player, but there's a calm and controlled manner about his movement and his play which completes our midfield. And as for Costa, I think that's been documented enough by many a pundit, so there's not much left to say. 

As for our other newcomers, Courtois' first season at Stamford Bridge will be a big one, and as much as Petr Cech is a hero to us all, Courtois is our future, and we have to retain him. Fabregas will be crucial to our creativity, but I feel that Matic again is involved in his success as when Matic is there, he sits back and allows Fabregas to focus on going forward. Zouma will be a brilliant signing, but he needs time to bed in, and he can replace Terry in the next few seasons, he's got some potential, so we'll see how he pans out, but I'd like to see him get some gametime this term.

I think we have to be considered title favourites, providing we don't burn out around christmas, we can do it, let's just wait and see.

2. Manchester United : Because a certain fan of this blog, not saying any names (LISH), I feel as though I ought to comment on them, but before I do, I should vent something...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Okay that's better. 

In seriousness, United fans definitely need to be patient, there's no way they can compete for the league this year. Sure, they lack European football which could give them an edge, but they also lack a solid defence, so they could try and go all "Liverpool" on the league, but they are too reliant on outscoring opposition when they have an ageing strike force, Van Persie doesn't fit anymore now Falcao is in the side, and they should sell him off and promote James Wilson, who played magnificently at the end of last year. The money from RvP can be used to buy a couple of defenders too. Patience is a virtue guys, but so is being able to buy players in the positions you need, not just buying people for the sake of it.

3. Adam Lallana : ah yes, my favourite premier league player who doesn't wear a Chelsea shirt, but in my opinion should. Rumour had it that we were slightly interested but Liverpool jumped on him and splashed £25 million. I feel he would be great in a chelsea shirt, He's English, skilful, can unlock defenses with ease, maybe lacking pace, but a great player to play just behind Costa because he wouldn't need as much pace in a position to dictate the game rather than burst through the centre halves when we know Costa is the sort of player to make a good run. Because if Oscar burns out like he did last season then we'll be screwed, and Lallana would be a brilliant back up for us. However I agree that for £25 million, he wouldn't be worth it, but he's definitely one to watch this season, he'll get some good goals and some great assists, and should be an integral part of the England "Renaissance" which is happening.
 
4. Who's going down? : always a tough question, but the one side I see struggling will be QPR. There's just no passion behind them and they have no real ability. Austin is a top forward but he needs good service which they lack in a midfield where Taarabt and Kranjcar are the best players, Sandro ought to be playing much better too. Reminds me of when Norwich had Van Wolfswinkel and everyone slaughtered him for not scoring, but he had half chances at best and there was no real service to him. So he is really unlucky and probably should've stayed at Burnley. 
 Speaking of the Clarets, I love their commitment  and sheer love of the game, but they could go down, and it would be a sad story, but the truth is they need to start getting points. With a goal against us, they showed they are no pushovers, but based on recent results Burnley need to buck up their ideas.
Lastly, West Brom. Again, I like them, but they lack going forwards and Jonas Olsson does little to convince me at the best of times. If they were to survive, they'd need a big season from Ideye, Berahino, Yacob and Foster. But the sad reality is that they lack goals from open play and rely on Berahino too much, but credit to the lad, he's been fantastic to watch and he has a bright future, so let's hope he keeps his head down and doesn't lose focus. But it will take a massive effort to save them, unless they get a bit of luck and improve their scoring record.

5. Who's going up? : The championship is a great league to watch as a neutral (well, a neutral with a soft spot for Derby and Norwich), and it's going to be close as per usual, but I have to say Derby have grown so much in recent years, and it's why I am fond of them, they have had great players for awhile but are only just using them. Derby and Norwich will be there or thereabouts this year, because they are strong all round, Nottingham Forest can't be ignored, they would have been up there last year if they stayed injury free. Middlesbrough have the squad to do well but I doubt they have the consistency. Ipswich under McCarthy have been a good side to watch too (He says hiding from everyone in Norwich) and could do well too, but my last two considerations would be Blackburn and Bournemouth. My outside bets would be Sheffield Wednesday (A weird choice, but May is a good forward and this year they have a real togetherness which will do them well) and Watford, but the Hornets will do way better if they can get a permanent manager in and get some consistency. It's hard to predict the Championship, but it will be great to watch and it's great to see good English talent being pushed through a tough league. So it's going to be quality! 

So I shall end it there! I may do something like this again if you guys enjoy it, but I am aware of the lack of Football fans around on here, so let me know what you think and I'll decide whether to do another or just do a tag! Thanks for viewing guys, and have a good week!

Cheers!
See you in the 'morrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment