Thursday 29 June 2017

Pretty Little Liars.

Hello. So as I'm sure everyone is aware, Tuesday night there were 3 hours that concluded one of my favourite shows. (Just read the title) and leading up to this moment I have been nervous. Because when you become so indulged in something when it comes to an end  it's good because you get the answers you spent the whole time looking for, but you are then left with a void. For me I'll miss the debate with my friends over who we think it was and the evidence behind that, because now it's just like oh. Nevertheless, I loved this series, and consumed myself the past year or so watching all the seasons, because I'm sorry I was a late bloomer. So here are my thoughts and somewhat review of the series so if you have not seen it yet and do not want spoilers I suggest you look away now.


WARNING: This post may contain spoilers!

Now my theory, which never came with any concrete evidence, it was purely for the Gasp Factor. Because PLL was all about those gasps. I believed it would be Hanna, I wanted it so badly to be Hanna, because she went through so much shit, it would be like why would you do that to yourself, and then it's like so I don't become a suspect. And to be honest I would have taken anyone over who it actually was. Because to me adding a secret twin who we had never seen before (well never thought we had seen before) is to me a bit of a cop out. Like I want some long explanation as to why one of the characters we have been watching the past 7 seasons has been playing the game. So I feel a bit cheated, and I am disappointed that there was the cliche who's the real Spencer. Plus the build up to the reveal was a bit boring, and I'm not pleased with the tease reminder to the basement but no actual details.

I love Mona though. Confused about what the hell is going on with her, but I think it works. And I am happy with how it was all ending. I squealed at Hanna and Caleb getting married, and then with Allison proposing to Emily and you do get to experience some natural life after the game, because I do enjoy knowing what happens after. But I feel that with the episode it was just a filler.

It's weird because I feel like some aspects of the show were so cleverly thought out, well at least peoples evidence the compile made it look that way, and then they just have these moments. I don't know why I am trying to explain my feelings because I don't think I can. This show has given my many complicated feelings. Mainly rage, because if they were just honest and not bitches in the first fucking place they wouldn't be in this mess, but then I guess there wouldn't be a series.

To conclude, I love the series still, and I would watch it all again in years to come, but it did leave me with a feeling of. Oh...that's it. And I am disappointed. But maybe that is just me building to high an expectation. Maybe that is the problem nowadays. We all expect the crazy, wow moments and it just cannot be lived up to. Therefore I am not going to hate on the series for ending in this way because I've spent so much time loving other moments.

So watch the series Bitches!
I'll see you when I see you!
Kisses - E 

No comments:

Post a Comment