Thursday 15 June 2017

London + Harry Potter Studios!



Hello. So in my previous post I talked about things I am looking forward to. One of which being my trip to London with my sister, in which we are visiting the Harry Potter Studios.  Woo!
My day didn't start off that swiftly. I was incredibly tired and couldn't find half the things I wanted to pack. But I still made it to the bus stop on time. Only problem being that the bus didn't actually turn up. All was well though because I got a lift to the train station. I met with Hal and we got our tickets, and some much needed food. Then walked all the way down the platform to the carriage, and were forced to awkwardly sit opposite two strangers.
 
 Then after lots of trying to stay entertained, we arrived in Londinion. First we just found a Costa and made a plan to go to Oxford Street and shop. But not being so good with understanding tube maps. We ended up at Green Park trying to locate Buckingham Palace. So all the cool pictures I managed to get made it worth it. Plus Hariette presented me with a Selfie Stick. I had lots of fun.
Then we thought we should head to Watford and get ready for the studio tour. So we hunted for a McDonald's to get a quick bite to eat and panicked to the tour bus. And then there was a tonne of waiting. And waiting and waiting. And alas the tour began. And I'm not going to post too much because I don't want to spoil it for people who are thinking about going. But I loved the great hall, the forbidden forest (although slightly terrifying) and Hogwarts itself. I got to ride a broomstick, and look fabulous doing so. And witness some awesome animatronics to show how they brought the films to life. Baby Voldemort was my favourite. And I spent a ridiculous amount of money buying a replica of Fred Wesley's wand and a Ravenclaw robe. But I looks so damn cute!

 Then after being there for 4 hours, we headed to a nandos, are got to our hotel and slept. I then had the worst cold of a lifetime, and Hal was all get ready get ready. And we headed out to explore Watford. Going into their version of Chapelfield there's being ultimately more awesome because there was just a random train driving through it. Then we got some food at the local spoons. Where they sold pizza!

It was when we were at spoons however, we realised our whole afternoon of shopping in Camden and Oxford Street would be cut short, as we thought our 14.30 train home was a 4.30 train home. You can see how me made this error. So we panic walked to the overground so we could panic get to M&M world and Disney store then panic back to Liverpool Street to get the train all in like 2 hours. Surprisingly we managed this. And even though I ache and money has oozed out of my bank account. I had a fabulous time.
So thank you to my wonderful sister for suggesting we have this little trip together. And to me for reminding her that she said we would go after she said she'd booked tickets when she actually hadn't.






Hope you enjoyed this post and a fair few of the pictures I took. See you when I see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment