Tuesday 1 January 2019

So Long 2018.

Hello, so it's everyone's favourite time of year. Reviewing the year, how well I've completed resolutions, and what I have planned for the all exciting 2019. It's going to be a long one so grab a drink, maybe a few snacks, sit back and relax your way through someone's life that you probably couldn't care less about.

The main way I like to look back on the year is through social media, as it's the helpful way to store memories. So we shall start with this infamous blog itself, and what do you know it starts with the hopes I had for this year. Which was to simply be Happy in myself. And once again guys, you guessed it. I failed. So shall we look at why this was probably the case? I'm basically going to break it down by months, and what I felt were the main lowlights and highlights.

January
Highlights:
  • Spending New Years with Matt.
  • Dad's Birthday.
  • Lish's Birthday Celebrations. 
  • Work Outing.
  • Being Promoted. 
  • Sister's Birthday.
  • Watching Coco.


Lowlights:

  • Being Promoted/Work Stress.


February
Highlights:
  • Outings with Friends.
  • Rupaul's Drag Race.
  • First Doctors/blood test.
  • Group Games Night. 
  • Work Party.
  • Dates with Matt.
  • Phone Upgrade.
  • Snow.
Lowlights:

  • The unexplained bruising.
  • Work Stress
  • Phone Dying
 March
Highlights:
  • Finishing my Coursework.
  • The Greatest Showman.
  • Seeing Friends. 
  • Mother's Day
  • Finding a Flat/Moving
  • Siobhan's Partay.
  • Easter.
Lowlights:

  • Snow.
  • Work Stress.
  • Moving Stress.
 April
Highlights:
  • Seeing Friends.
  • Family Time.
  • Anniversary with Matt.
  • BIRTHDAY.
  • Making a Home.
Lowlights:

  • Broken Phone.
  • Cutting My Own Hair.
  • Work Stress.


May
Highlights:
  • Nights Out.
  • Family Time at the Beach.
  • Dan + Phil in Newcastle.
  • Baby Shower.
  • Sofas Finally Arrive. 
  • Films- Infinity war, Deadpool 2, Hurricane Bianca 2
  • Getting up to date with work.
  • I blogged more.
Lowlights:

  • The Rest of the Year wasn't May. 
June
Highlights:
  • Nights Out.
  • Amy's Housewarming.
  • Shopping In London.
  • Father's Day in Cromer.
Lowlights:

  • Work Stress/Stress Leave.
  • Being Drunk. 
  • Betrayal.
July
Highlights:
  • Hare Hunt.
  • Paid to go to the Circus.
  • Started at the Gym.
  • Films- Incredibles 2, Mamma Mia 2.
  • Murder Mystery!
  • Mum's Birthday at the Beach.
  • Fun Fair. 
Lowlights:

  • Work Stress.
  • I stopped Making Videos.
  • I started self-harming.
August
Highlights:
  • Going to Spoons.
  • Drag World.
  • First time at Popworld.
  • Game Night.
  • The Spy Who Dumped Me. 
Lowlights:

  • Stress Leave.
  • Interviews. 
  • Loss of Self Confidence.

September
Highlights:
  • Biddy's Tea Room.
  • Started Going Swimming.
  • Family Time. 
  • Began to Draw Again. 
  • Game Night.
  • Maddy Rose Warnes. 
Lowlights:

  • Lost My Routine. 
  • Tried to Kill Myself. 
October
Highlights:
  • Nights Out.
  • Bake Off with Maddy.
  • Matt's Birthday in Cambridge.
  • Started a new job!
  • Family Time.
  • Found Out I Was Pregnant. 
  • Pumpkin Picking/ Carving. 
Lowlights:

  • Betrayal.
  • Tried to Kill Myself. 
  • Lost a family.
November
Highlights:
  • Fireworks.
  • Dynasty.
  • Family Time.
  • Crimes of Grindlewald.
  • All My Friends.
  • First Pregnancy Scan!
Lowlights:

  • Citizens Advice,
  • Being Single. 
  • Trying to Adult.
  • Messenger Died.

December
Highlights:
  • Wreck It Ralph 2
  • Got a Second Job.
  • Family Time.
  • Christmas.
  • New Year's Eve.
  • My Friends.
  • Ice Skating.
Lowlights:

  • I Went Crazy.
  • Lot of Self Hating. 

As you see I got a bit real there. But I think the only way to move on in 2019, is to be more honest about my past. Not that I think I will let things go so easily, but it's the start of the process. 2019 is going to be a great year. I need to focus on the amazing people in my life, and the fact that I'm going to bring in an amazing person to the world. 

I hope that despite how your 2018 went, you can find the joy in the coming year. We can be in that together. 

See you when I see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment