Tuesday 29 January 2019

It's A...

Stubborn little shit. So as most people are probably aware by now, I am currently pregnant, and last Wednesday I went for my 20 week scan. Yep halfway through, super scary. And everyone knows at this scan you can find out the gender, and not that I am really bothered by whether or not I have a boy or a girl, it would be nice to have this information.

So I got to the hospital, and was freaking out for various reasons, mainly being told that my stress I've had over the previous 20 weeks means there has been some kind of growth defect. But thankfully I have one strong baby. Everything seemed to be healthy and on track, and I was so pleased. Then it was time for the discovery, and baby wasn't playing ball. When they first appeared on screen I saw their little legs tucked up I knew I probably wasn't going to get an answer. I had to wiggle about, and they just didn't want to move, baby was comfy and I don't blame them for that. Because I don't like moving when I'm comfortable, I like having my legs crossed, and my hand in front of my face. So as frustrating as it was that I couldn't find out the gender of this little person, I was pretty happy that I was seeing qualities of myself in them.

However, now it meant I had to tell everyone who knew I was going for the scan, that there is no answer to the most asked question. And I hate that kind of feeling. Plus, like Barney said in How I Met Your Mother "I GOTSTA KNOW!". Luckily for me I have a super supportive friend with similar views on having to know. So we found a private clinic in Norwich called "Window to the Womb" and made an appointment. And yeah my baby could continue to be more stubborn, but when you pay for a service they tend to try a little harder to please you.

Therefore, we skip ahead to Saturday. And I was feeling less nervous about being told something was wrong, but was still worried about which gender my baby would be. Not really for my own preference, but because I know that my sister really wanted me to have a girl, and my friends all thought more towards the girl side. And in all honesty there'd be times I'd think about them and I thought about a little girl. Anyway, I got there, and saw them on screen once again, with their legs tucked closely against their body, hand in front of face. Baby Brown was making it very clear that they were in charge. So I had to go to the toilet, and have a little wiggle in private, and I could feel baby was not very impressed by this.

But it all worked out for the best because, little baby moved just enough to see what they are and....
There was some excitement in the room. There seemed to be a lot of excitement from everyone. However, now I know my mum's instincts aren't as accurate as I used to believe. So I'm going to have a little girl, may the cute outfit buying begin!

See you when I see you.

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Glad my prediction was correct! 😉 Looking forward to meeting Baby Brown now! Xx

    ReplyDelete