Thursday 9 March 2017

Adulting.

As I like to constantly remind myself (and anyone who will listen) this year I am going to turn 20. 20! I will finally move on into adulthood which I am ready but, so not ready for. Obviously therefore, I am going to write a blog post about this. Here goes.

One thing I consider to be an adult like thing, is Travelling. Because even though you can travel as a child, the organisation of it goes to the adults. And recently my group of friends were informed of  a change. Grimshaw is leaving to go to Australia for 5 months. I applaud that bravery, because I do not think I'd be ready for that. I haven't ever been out of England letting alone living in a country for over a 1/3 of a year. I wouldn't know anyone and I wouldn't have my little comforts. But I guess the fun is in the adventure.

Similarly, there is planning holidays. I am always scared of booking holidays because I would be worried I have gotten something wrong and thus ruining the entire trip. But I love to plan. It's a weird cycle. A while ago Lish mentioned the group going to centre parks for a little holiday and I am very excited if this were to actually happen.

A big adult thing that I have been trying to do for a while now, is moving out. And I am getting further along with this process by viewing more flats. It is a big scary step and I'm not entirely sure of the entire process that goes with it. So far I just look around thinking, convenient location, nice kitchen, decent sized bedroom and I forget about the other side of things. Which is why it is nice I always have help and a second opinion when I go to see these places. I just find it difficult trying to organise these things around work because lettings agents don't open until I am already at work and then they close before I finish and then when I finally get through to somewhere the flat has either gone or they are fully booked. It's very annoying.

At work I feel I am becoming more of an adult because I am getting more responsibility. Now having my own key children! Which is great but I am worried I am going to let my manager down, because she has such high hopes of what I can accomplish and sometimes I look at the planning like I have no idea what to do. But I guess everyone who works there had that at some point. I hope. And since there has been a few changes within the room I am in I've all of a sudden become like second in charge and I had to write the agenda for our room meeting and am expected to take control, which is weird because I am like one of the youngest employees.

So slowly and surely I am becoming an adult. But I don't really want to. I enjoy being silly and childish. And I like the comfort of knowing others can help me with things because I'm only little. Well I guess I will still be little. Stupid Vertical Challengedness. I also don't think I am emotionally stable enough to be an adult. But it is something we all have to do. And if I want to live the way I do I need to do it. Wish me luck. See you when I see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment