Despite being DISGUSTINGLY hot, I think I have managed to survive August okay. It felt like such a long month, and yet I am scared that summer is now over. I always get left with a weird sense this time of year, like I should have achieved more while the sun was up, made the most of the summer. But I need to stop worrying about time. And actually looking back I have achieved so what the fuck is wrong with me?
I AM ELLI : August has seen yet another rollercoaster of emotions, and I think mainly because I have just been to exhausted to hold it all in. I am also tired of just being tired all the time, and having one small simple task needing several days to recover. I guess that is why I feel like my time gets wasted, and then I get into the point of not wanting to do anything at all. But I have been leaning back into some much loved hobbies, like painting my nails, painting in general, and I even dabbled in some baking, which even though they didn't turn out perfect it was a needed saviour from a crappy day I was having. Towards the end of the month I got better at journaling, and I do believe it was helpful in keeping me afloat, and even when I have bobbed under the water, I am able to resurface again. Something else I achieved was finally completing the bug museum on Animal Crossing New Horizons after 6 years. TAKE THAT GOLDEN STAG!
I AM A FRIEND: I have felt a little lost this month without my usual interactions with the community groups I used to attend, but I have tried to message the odd time and keep in touch. One bonus was a cinema trip planning with Amethyst, and even though our first film we wanted to see was helped along the way by AI so we boycotted, we still got to watch STOP! THAT! TRAIN! Which was a lovely piece of escapism. I also got to see my long time pals!!! Amy celebrated her birthday and I got to experience a tribute show, which was different let's put it that way. But I had a lovely time just seeing the joy on my little Amy's face as she danced along to the tunes. I also got some quality time with Emma as we took our annual DinoPark trip with Nora, and I just need more time with these people. I wish life didn't get in the way.
I AM IN A FAMILY: There have been a few quality family moments, as we saw both my nan's, and my parents came by the house a lot. Nora was actually pretty cute with them. Managed to spend some time with Hariette, as she joined us at Pleasurewood Hills and we had lots of fun laughing/screaming on the barnyard ride.
So the summer is over, and new school term begins, so obviously it is time to try and reinvent myself yet again. Therefore some achievable targets are needed, so I do not get to harsh on myself when I do not manage to get them done.
- Try a new recipe from one of my cookbooks.
- Reconnect with my community groups.
- Support Nora in the transition back to school.
- Get rid of unneeded clothing items.
- Reach out to my
- Get Dean a token of my appreciation for him.
- Practice small talk with a colleague.




No comments:
Post a Comment