Thursday 17 August 2017

Social Excuses.

Hello everybody. So you're probably happy to read that this post will not be about my holiday. YAY something different! And it is in fact about hanging out with a few of my friends. Because they are so awesome. And I do not make enough time to be with them. Luckily I had Lish to message asking if I was free, and I pretty much was, so it can be as simple as that. Anyway, the group was myself, Lish, Siobhan, Paige, Emma and Amy who joined together to listen to Jordan's band play at music fest. Which is a cool way for us to meet up, because we get to have a laugh and dance, catch up and gossip. Therefore making me happy. I mean sometimes it is difficult to talk whilst there is music blaring out, and sometimes it would be nice to have a more private catch up, but I still had fun and this was easier to organise. Despite the fact that none of us really knew where the place was.

Thankfully, I was not the one who was driving, that was left to Emma. And she dragged me to basically everyone's house, and we shared a secret about songs we enjoyed and just chatted about recent events. Then Lish and Siobhan joined the party, to get Paige, and we had lots of gossip time, and joking about how much I love to gossip. But not much happens in my life so I need to get the low down on everyone else. One the way we listened and sang along to music and got a little confused about where to park, but Jordan doing a beautiful job of directing us to a parking spot, and Amy did a marvelous job directing us to Jordan. 

So we stood at the entrance having a little natter, being deafened by some music. I got amazed by there being a double decker bus. Then losing my shit because it was actually a bar. Before realising I didn't have enough money on me to buy a drink. I wasn't given much information on what this event was really like ok. My only info was there was a bouncy castle. We then found a little spot to claim and waited for Jordan to begin his set. And we all had a go at bottle flipping. It was all essentially a failure, until Paige managed to do it. We we all very impressed. especially when the second time it fell over and got back up. Then eventually she completely gave up and almost hit passers by.

Emma then provided us with a handy picnic blanket and we all sat and had a little grove on the floor, because we were saving our energy for when Jordan's band played. It was pretty good, but I didn't know many of the songs. But when Enigma started playing I got more into it because after seeing them a few times now I knew what was playing. It was good fun especially when the group started making their own dance routine to Livin' on a Prayer.  I get to shout DALATDA in Siobhan's face which she loves ;) And we get to catch up and gossip.

Some of the best moments were the dancing, and sometimes I can feel a bit awkward in these situations, but luckily the group has Amy, who will just dance on her own. So it's great to join in with some of her crazy moves because at least you're not alone. I have quite a few videos of Amy dancing like this, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. It's why we love her so much. But then the band finished playing so we gave up with dancing for a bit, and just sat listening to music. Having a bitch about things, and also discussing things we were looking forward to.

Then we decided we were in the mood for a McDonald's, so the hang out continued to a new location. We first split off into the different cars, and Lish and I chose songs to play alternatively, but all that were good. Then we played some together and made a weird mash up of Shawn Mendes, and some guy I have already forgotten the name of, but it didn't actually turn out that bad. We were having tonnes of fun until Amy thought we had gotten lost because we took forever to drive there. Sorry, but I was super comfortable in the back with my little cuddle blanket, snuggled in the middle of Lish and Paige. McDonald's can wait.

But we got there and I got excited because our friend who worked there was on shift. So we found a place to sit, and then we moved because there was a seat with more room,and we just chat and ate Mcdonalds. And Jordan ate a lot of McDonald's, he just kept getting back up to order more. It was incredible. I had lots of fun talking about the plans I have and comparing them with Siobhan, and we also spoke about blog post ideas with Lish. Amy and Jordan then left as they had to get ready for a holiday (I will miss you guys! Have lots of fun) The rest of us stayed a little longer chitchatting before I said what everyone was thinking which was. I love you guys, but I'm tired. And we had a fun drive home.
I'm really glad I went to this little get together, because I do miss these guys a lot, and do feel I could spend more time than I do with them. But organising stuff (especially this time of year) can be tricky. I need to see the others in my group as well, because it's been so long! I think I just get worried that if I see them too regularly I will run out of things to talk about, because my life isn't very entertaining. As you can probably tell when you read these blog posts. But I'm going to try and make things more exciting. Key word is Try there guys. Ah I love the Try Guys. That's entertainment. You should go watch them instead of continuing to read this.

Go on it's okay I don't mind.

I'm watching them too.

See you when I see you!

1 comment: