Thursday 20 April 2017

2 Decades Old.

Birthdays are weird when you think about it. You spend so much time worrying about who you want there, what gifts you must get and how it goes to make it perfect. But does it really matter? Because I don't actually remember much about my birthdays.

For example last year I went to the cinema and then hung out in an arcade with some friends and then met Matthew for the second time, he got me some Ferrero Rocher, I remember vaguely what other gifts I got, and I also remember that the week before I went to Nandos with a big group, and the only thing I recall from that is talking about my Tinder experiences and going on Snapchat. The year before I was at 6th form and myself and some friends decorated cupcakes Amy got me. The year before I played laser tag. Who won, I have no clue. 

Then any birthday before that I could barely match up what happened to the year. I remember going to the cinema, and having some sleepovers. I know for a fact my cousin came to my 13th and that is when I tried smoking for the first time, and then failed dropping it onto my trampoline. There was also one birthday where my mum took me and my friends to McDonald's after ice skating..I think...and Hariette treating them to a McFlurry but one of them didn't say thank you and she jokingly made a big deal out of it. And when I was really young I remember friends coming to my house and we played netball (as I had a hoop in the garden) and I got so angry and upset because they wouldn't let me win on my birthday. 

It's so weird thinking that out of my 20 birthdays I only remember a minuscule amount about like a 1/4 of them. Yet I spent so much time worrying that they had to be perfect. Don't get me wrong I still worry. Like to me it is very important who I get to see on my birthday, and it does tend to stress me out trying to balance everybody in my life. Luckily this year I got to see most people I wanted to, aside from a few friends. And I did have an amazing birthday, even though the weather did fail me. But I didn't let that stop me. However, I am too busy to finish my birthday tale in time for the post to go up, so I guess you'll just have to wait. 

Sorry about that. See you when I see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment