Saturday 9 January 2016

Instagram Fan?

Hello! And I'm trying to keep at least one of my resolutions this year. To blog more. But it's only 9 days into the year so anything can happen. Stick around to find out. Today we are going to be discussing the app Instagram. If you could not guess from the title of the post. 


If you have known me a long time, you would come to the knowledge that I never liked instagram. I didn't want to be a pretentious person who posted pictures of what they were eating (the picture to the left so totally doesn't show me doing just that) and using obnoxious hashtags, because I have a motto in life. Hashtags should only be used for numbers. And I had made it perfectly clear that I had never intended on using this app, because if I wanted to share a picture, I would just do so on facebook. 


But then my sister happened. One day she decided that I needed to have instagram, and created me an account. Then she posted for me. And liked all of her own posts to make herself seem more popular. People started to think it was me, and my friends who had instagram started following me. So I decided to take over because when Hal had posted she used hashtags. And I didn't want people thinking that was me. To the left is the first picture she instagrammed (with the hashtags now removed of course). And in fairness it was a rather cute picture. 


From then I knew if I wasn't to post she was going to do it for me. So I posted my next picture. After that you can kind of guess what happened. I was a little bit addicted. Mainly because I enjoyed the editing of photos aspect because they came with cool filters and you had the ability to make a crappy photo you took look half decent. Now I post kind of often the little random happenings of my day. 


If you would like to follow me on instagram (if you don't I'm not really bothered but I feel if you want to know more about me, and let's face it my blogging will not be as on point as my picture sharing, you might as well just stalk me there). My name is needstogrowup but I'm sure if you type in Elli Mae it will come up. It will look like this. And if it doesn't I have either updated it since then, or someone is pretending to be me. But I really doubt the latter. 

So to make this post a bit more interesting let's have a look at some of the instagram posts. Let's start with the one that has currently received the most likes. Ah where my fringe curve was on point. I don't know why this has received the most likes, personally I would have liked it to be the one on the right because it is just so darn cute, but I guess the people of instagram just appreciate a good hair swoop.  
Another thing I like about the app is the collages you can make, so when I'm having trouble deciding which picture best represents my feelings about the activity I have just completed I can instead share an array of pictures to fully show the awesomeness. 


I guess that should be it for now, I hope that has distracted you from what you are supposed to be doing. See you when I see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment