Sunday 25 February 2018

RuPaul's Drag Race.

Hey Queens, so today I thought I would talk about a show I have recently watched (yeah I know I'm a little late to the party). But as some of you know I am a Big Brother fan, and the most recent winner Shane Jenek was best known as an Australian Drag Queen Courtney Act, and featured on season 6 of RuPaul's Drag Race. Now because my sister became obsessed with them, she felt the need to watch this season. So when I came home from work I would catch the end of an episode or two before we decided to properly watch it together. Because oh my gosh the bitchy drama.

So to start with let's just talk about my love for RuPaul and how jealous I am that he looks like a better woman than me. I also want to be this good at eyeshadow.  And he's just such a lovely inspiring person, and I wish I knew him personally. Plus he can write a catch song. "Oh No She Better Don't!"

Also from a previous Celeb Big Brother, I fell in
love with a lady called Michelle Visage (as you would know from a video and blog post I wrote about the season she was in) And she is a host on this amazing show. Yeah I'd like her to be a little less bitchy but I guess the brutal honesty is part of the job description.

When watching it obviously I routed for Courtney as she was the only one I knew, but when you already know what position she came in you had to find someone else to like. Which did take me a while. So I really liked BenDelaCreme because I liked to add AlaEdgar
onto it (Comment if you get the reference) And she was a good talent. And when she was in the bottom two for elimination and they had already told Darienne (ugh) to Shante Stay I was like NO, but it turns out they both could and I was very happy. Until she had to sashay away later on. SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE WINNER. I also thought Ben was an attractive man.











However I did like the finalists. Adore was Adorable. Courtney has a better body than I do, and Bianca was hilarious as much as I didn't want to like her. You warm to her as the season goes on. Plus she has her own film, which is actually really good.











But the challenges in the show were my favourite thing, because some were just too funny. Like the rapping for the incredibly catchy song Oh No She Better Don't, and the musical they put on, the ads they made, and weird acting things. My favourite was when they had to make up a Groom as a Bride, and then Ru married the couples because he just so happens to be an ordained minister. I want him to do my ceremony. Let's not forget the Lip Sync- FOR YOUR LIFE which came at the end of each show and was like the final chance to stay, because some of them were just so good.

This was a really good show, but I'm not completely sure if I would watch the other seasons, because I feel like I'd be like "oh where's Ben? Or Courtney?" I would feel like something was missing. We'll see. Apparently there are All Star seasons and BenDelaCreme(AlaEdgar) is in that so maybe we could give that a watch.

Anyway that is all the blog post I can master for now. See you when I see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment